Fleming's Steakhouse - The Perfect Ribeye

Right off the bat, I have to tell you that I think I had the best rib eye steak ever at the Fleming's Steakhouse at Fashion Island in Newport Beach, CA. The taste was superb, the meat tender and it was served sizzling hot on the plate. I loved it and the guy sitting next to me loved his just as much. If I said nothing else about the dinner that would be enough for me.

The location is easy to find on the eastern side of the Fashion Island Shopping Center. There is plenty of free parking or you can valet park. The restaurant is very unpretentious in side, especially considering the neighborhood it is in. It is a more modern version of a steakhouse.

They have a great wine bar and for stronger drinks you are more likely to find martinis and vodka choices than tequila or frou frou drinks. I have to say our best service was at the bar. Our waitress there took orders and remembered drinks even when we came back after 2 hours at dinner. I was impressed as were the others in the party.

Dinner service was more lacking. Menus were set out prior to our sitting down for dinner. It was difficult to hear the server talk about the specials due to the volume in the restaurant and she stayed at one end of the table the whole time she talked. Also, as people were finishing their entrees, I felt rushed to finish mine as the wait staff kept asking if they could take my plate.

The food was a whole other story though. Fleming's menu was very straight forward. For dinner, I had the spinach and portobello salad with red onion balsamic dressing, pancetta and a crispy goat cheese crouton. More than one person at dinner eyed my salad with envy and asked what I had. It had a perfect balance of flavors with the acid of the dressing and the warm goat cheese. I could have had a larger version of the salad and been perfectly happy for dinner.

Well, maybe not. As I mentioned at the top of my post, the bone-in ribeye is the best I have ever had when dining out. I have tried other steakhouses, but no one compares to the flavor of my steak at Fleming's. I also tried some of the grilled vegetables that they brought out which included carrots, baby bok choy, spaghetti squash, mushrooms and asparagus. Very good and light.

I would definitely come back here and highly recommend it.

Fleming's Steakhouse

455 Newport Center Drive,
Newport Beach CA 92660
(949) 720-9633
blog comments powered by Disqus

Apture