A Little Early for Trick or Treat: In-n-Out Anniversary Rumors No Treat

In-N-Out Burger is a great Southern California icon. Today, I received a forwarded email from Jennifer about specials that they were going to have to celebrate their 60th Anniversary. In my excitement to share this with friends and family, I forwarded this on. I should have done my research. Snopes.com anyone?


A few minutes later, I thought that I should check their site to see what the catch was with the offer. There is a catch indeed. The email was a fake. There is no special pricing in play for In-N-Out's 60th Anniversary. The info isn't prominent on the web site, but it is there:
October 22nd Discounting Rumors

You may be aware of a rumor about our menu prices being lowered for our anniversary on October 22nd. This rumor is untrue. We’ve always tried to keep our prices as low as possible in order to give our customers the greatest value. One of the ways we accomplish this is by not discounting and our anniversary is no exception. We’re sorry if this rumor has caused any confusion.

Moral of the story, check out offers that sound too good to be true before forwarding them on.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Apture